The Mothers' Union is a world-wide Anglican organisation whose purpose is to be concerned with all aspects of Christian family life.
There is a branch of the Mothers' Union in this group of parishes. We welcome new members & meet in different places in the parish. See details of local meetings and who to contact on the links above. Reports from previous meetings are usually printed in the monthly Towers & Spires magazine (see link above left)
What the Mothers' Union believes and does is expanded more fully below.
If you share our values, please come and join us!
You are welcome to contact the central office for more information.
The Mothers' Union head office telephone no is (020) 7222 5533
What do we believe?
1. To uphold Christ's teaching on the nature of marriage and to promote its wider understanding
2. To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church
3. To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
4. To promote conditions in society favourable to family life and the protection of children
5. To help those whose family life has met with adversity
What do we do?
Put very simply, our members get involved at a grass roots level to support family life. Where we see a need in our community, we take direct action.
On a national and international scale, we monitor and campaign on issues that affect the family.
Who should join?
Simply, if you are a Christian who believes in the importance of family life you should join the Mothers' Union. Men and women, married and unmarried, parent or not - all can and do, join the Mothers' Union. You do not need to live close to a branch, have a Mothers' Union branch in your church or even live near any other Mothers' Union members, but you must share our values. To join you must have been baptised and agree with our Aim and Objects.