For the Village Hall Twitter page please click on the logo!
Run by the Village Hall Committee. See notice below.
The current contact for booking details for classes, functions and meetings etc. is
Uffington Village Hall Manager
33 Main Road, Uffington PE9 4SN
Tel: 01780 239463 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hall is an ideal venue for family parties, meetings and classes. Please contact our bookings secretary above for further details and available dates.
Hourly room hire rates are £10.00 for residents of Uffington, £18 for non-residents. Classes rates from £11.50 per hour
For information on activities in the hall and the rest of the village please see the What’s On page or to submit material, please
Towers & Spires page - News from Uffington Village Hall.
Uffington Garden Produce Show on Sunday 8th September saw the Francis Challenge Cup being won by Ron Smith. Well deserved too.
Second = Liz Genever, Third = Gail Genever,
Children = Cecily Genever- Jones.
Good to see Ron providing healthy competition to the local farmers.
Newcomers to the show also carried off some 1st prizes- Copthilll School for the Mixed Box Vegetables and Sarah Tipler of Newstead - 1st prizes for the scones and the biggest marrow. The whole event raised £260 which has gone towards the new LEDs at the hall.
The September 175 Club was drawn at the Show and the winners were:
66 Allison Morrell £20; 150 Catherine Swanson £10; 135 Diane Brown £5;
72 David Genever £5.
The October draw will be on 16 Oct at the Bertie Quiz.
Apple Pressing Day
Bring your apples to be pressed into juice on Sunday 3rd 11am – 3pm to the village hall garden with apple enthusiast Adam Cade. Please bring your own equipment. Nick Kimberley is the one to contact. 07527 134303 if you fancy attending. All ages welcome. No charge.
If anyone has time to help UVH with its “To Do” list, please contact any committee member inc Vanessa or Nick Kimberley 33 Main Rd and Liz Genever at 4 Casewick Lane or Croft Farm. All help will be appreciated.
Here’s the current To Do list:
- Paint the hall walls and ceiling then
- Sand down and varnish the hall floor.
- Paint the kitchen – paint has been donated.
- Build some cupboards next to the big hearth.
- Gates- security. The front and back gates have sunk making opening and closing tricky. Malcolm Towell and John Teesdale have offered their expertise but they need your muscle power to lift the gates off while they repair them. A task force of 4 people is needed to do this- contact Malcolm on 01780 756186.
- Install 2 gates by the *red brick wall (to act as an airlock) to keep children/animals safe and install drain covers.* Listed – not to be touched.
- Donate/erect a gate to fence off the gap between the hall and the committee room.
- Donate/ lay some slabs to go under the wooden bench in the walled garden- to make it easier to cut the grass.
- Fill in some gaps in the wood in the foyer.
- To make some padded cushions for the wooden bench seats.
Please see Vanessa Kimberley 01780 239463 or Facebook Page Uffington Village Lincolnshire or Uffington.org for details on all classes and hall bookings. Liz Genever is UVH chair : 07790 378349
Other events in Uffington
Walk and Talk Group
Friday 4th October Yarwell Mill Wansford Book (3.5 miles)
A walk from Yarwell to Nassington and back via the River Nene
An alternative walk from the same starting point is an option if wanted.
An opportunity for coffee at the end of the walk at the coffee cabin
Park in the designated car park for Yarwell Country Park
Meet 9.55am for 10am. Contact and weather check: Janet Warburton 01778 560620. Sheila Archer 01780 763825)email@example.com
The Bertie Arms charity pub quiz Wednesday 16 October 8pm. Book a team on 766400.
Mobile Library Monday 28th October 10.30am Casewick Lane
Uffington Parish Council 7.30pm Thursday 24th October at UVH. All welcome.
Diary Pages for Uffington VH September 2019
Yoga 9.45-11am Mondays 7,14,21,28
Movement to Music 10 am-11am Tuesdays 1,8,15,22,29
Zumba Tuesdays 7pm to 8pm 1,8,15,22,29
U3A Book Binding and Repair 2pm-3.30pm Tuesdays 8 and 22
Pilates 9.30am -10.30am Wednesdays 2,9,16,23,30
Tai Chi Classes Wednesdays 6.30pm – 7.30pm 2,9,16,23,30
Tiger Tots Messy Play Wednesdays 1pm-3pm 2,9,16,23,30
Parish Council Thursday 24 Oct 7.30pm
Physio Led Pilates Thursdays 5pm- 6pm 3,10,17,24,31
Family Yoga Saturday 12 October 10.30am-11.30am